|Back to Back Issues Page|
Your Life-Saving Health Solutions Monthly Newsletter, #006 -- 3/4/2014
May 30, 2014
Coconut Oil... It's Time to Expose the Real Truth!
Good morning folks, and welcome to our 7th edition of Life Saving Health Solutions.
One of Nature’s Most Incredible and Powerful “Cure All’s”…Today I’m going to begin by talking about the most amazing oil on the planet. And no it doesn’t come from out of the ground either, it comes from a tall tree (or palm actually). Coconut oil has now become the most popular oil for eating and cooking with and has been labelled by coconut expert, Dr Bruce Fife, as “The Healthiest Oil on Earth”. Ten to fifteen years ago nobody in westernized countries used coconut oil because we were told that it was full of fat and cholesterol and if you ate it, it would clog up your arteries and you would die of heart disease! Now we know this is a complete load of rubbish. In countries such as the Philippines and Sri Lanka, they’ve been growing and consuming coconuts and the oil for hundreds of years and heart disease and cancer rates are extremely low for these people. Compare this with us (cancer and heart disease are our biggest killers) and you will see that there’s definitely something amiss between us and them.
So What Does Coconut Oil Do and How Can It Help You?The reason coconut oil is such a potent healer and health tonic is because it contains 14 amazing protective and curative properties. Here they are in no particular order…
• Anti-bacterial (it effectively kills the bacteria that causes ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum diseases, and other bacterial infections).
• Anti-carcinogenic (coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, so it effectively prevents the spread of deadly cancer cells, along with significantly enhancing and boosting the immune system).
• Anti-fungal (It quickly kills fungi and yeast which lead to infection).
• Anti-inflammatory (coconut oil appears to have a direct effect on suppressing inflammation and repairing tissue, and also contributes to inhibiting harmful intestinal microorganisms which cause chronic inflammation).
• Anti-microbial/Infection Fighting (the medium-chain fatty acids and monoglycerides found in coconut oil are the same as those in human breast milk and have extraordinary antimicrobial properties. By disrupting the lipid structures of microbes, they deactivate them. About half of coconut oil consists of lauric acid. Lauric acid, its metabolite monolaurin and other fatty acids in coconut oil are known to protect against infection from bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi and parasites. Whilst not having any detrimental effect on “friendly” gut bacteria, coconut oil kills the undesirable microbes).
• An Antioxidant (coconut oil protects against free-radical damage).
• Anti-parasitic (it easily gets rid of tapeworms, lice and other parasites in the body).
• Anti-protozoa (kills giardia, a common protozoan infection of the stomach).
• Anti-retroviral (coconut oil is known to kill HIV and HLTV-1).
• Anti-viral (it kills the viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other powerful viruses).
• Infection fighting (heals infections at a rapid rate).
• Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
• Known to improve nutrient absorption (coconut oil is easily digestible; makes vitamins and minerals more easily assimilated and available to the body)
• Nontoxic to humans and animals (coconut oil is completely safe and will not harm in any way).
What Are Some of the Health Benefits of Consuming and Using Coconut Oil?Coconut oil is definitely a virtual “cure all” natural remedy for humans and animals. Here’s a very detailed list of some the powerful health benefits of consuming the oil every day, along with the ailments it’s able to effectively treat and cure…
Coconut Oil for Your Body and Personal Hygiene…
1. Age Spots (also known as liver spots) – applying coconut oil directly to the age spot will help it to fade.
2. After Shave – coconut oil helps heal skin after shaving. Excellent for razor burn!
3. Baldness – apply three times a day to affected area of hair loss. Coconut oil supports cell regeneration.
4. Birth Marks – can be used after a laser removal treatment to aid in healing. Can also be applied after an apple cider vinegar treatment to help aid in the fading process.
5. Body Scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over. Rinse off and your skin will be super soft! You can add it to essential oils if you want a specific smell.
6. Bruises – applied directly to the bruise, coconut oil enhances the healing process by reducing swelling and redness.
7. Bug Bites – when applied directly to a bug bite, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation as well as speed up the healing process.
8. Burns – apply to burn site immediately and continue applying until healed. Will reduce the chances of permanent scarring and promotes healing.
9. Chapstick – just rub a little onto lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get some protection as well.
10. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil not only nourishes baby’s skin, it also helps eliminate cradle cap. Just rub a teaspoon onto scalp daily.
11. Dandruff – coconut oil soaks into the scalp moisturizing dry skin and relieves symptoms of dandruff. It also helps to control oil secretion from the scalp, another big cause of dandruff.
12. Deodorant – coconut oil alone can be used as a deodorant, but even more effective in combination with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda.
13. Diaper Salve – very comforting and soothing on bottom rash. Also safe for cloth diapers.
14. Exfoliator – coconut oil mixed with sea salt is a very nourishing and effective exfoliator and safe to use all over the body.
15. Eye cream – apply under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags and wrinkles.
16. Face Wash/ Soap – mix equal parts (one teaspoon) of coconut oil with either olive oil or castor oil and use in place of soap when washing your face. Wet face, rub oil in and leave on for two minutes, rinse and pat dry.
17. Hair conditioner/ Deep Treatment - use as a “leave-in” hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to the ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest. For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil into your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight.
18. Hair Gel/ Defrizzer – rub a little between your palms and either scrunch into hair (for curly hair) or finger comb in through from scalp to ends (for wavy/straight hair).
19. Healing - when applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer that protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and viruses. Coconut oil also speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
20. Lubricant – it’s an all-natural, perfectly safe personal lubricant.
21. Makeup Remover – use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you will be amazed at how well it works!
22. Massage Oil – rub and massage into the skin for excellent relief!
23. Moisturizer – simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face.
24. Mole Remover – when applied after an apple cider vinegar compress for several weeks, moles have been known to “slide off” or just disappear.
25. Nipple Cream – works great to nourish cracked, sore or dry nipples. Apply to a cotton ball and leave on your nipples between feedings.
26. Oily Skin Fix – if you are prone to oily skin or an oily T-zone, use a pea sized amount underneath makeup or alone to reduce the appearance of oil.
27. Pre Shampoo Treatment for Hair – rub a little into the scalp and hair before shampooing. This is especially useful for those with course or frizzy hair.
28. Pre-Shave – coconut oil will prep skin for the pending damage caused by shaving.
29. Skin Problems – coconut oil significantly relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
30. Stretch Mark Cream – coconut oil is great for nourishing damaged skin. It may not be the magic stretch mark cure, but it will certainly help!
31. Sun Burn Relief – rub liberal amounts of coconut oil onto the affected area.
32. Sunscreen – make your own sunscreen with coconut oil and beeswax.
33. Swimmers Ear – mix garlic oil and coconut oil and put a few drops in affected ear for about 10 minutes. Do this 2-3 time’s day.
34. Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer – continued use of coconut oil on tattoos will help keep the color from fading. Use on new tattoos to speed up the healing process and decrease the chance of infection.
35. Toothpaste – mix coconut oil and baking soda together for a powerful toothpaste and breathe freshener!
36. Wrinkle Reducer – rubbing coconut oil on winkles and sagging skin helps strengthen the connective tissues and bring back that youthful look!
Coconut Oil for Overall Good Health and Wellness…
37. Breastfeeding – for breastfeeding moms, consuming at least 3 tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich their milk supply.
38. Bones and Teeth – coconut oil aids in the absorption of calcium and magnesium leading to stronger development of bones and teeth.
39. Digestion - the saturated fats in coconut oil help to control the parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
40. Energy Boost – coconut oil boosts energy and endurance, making it a powerful supplement for athletes as well as those that need a quick pick-me-up.
41. Fitness - coconut oil has been proven to stimulate metabolism, improve thyroid function, and boost energy levels, all of which help to decrease unwanted fat while increasing muscle mass.
42. Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose, making it great for both diabetics and non-diabetics.
43. Lung Function – increases the fluidity of cell surfaces.
44. Nausea – rubbing some coconut oil on the inside of the wrist and forearm will help to calm an upset stomach.
45. Nose bleeds - coconut oil can prevent the type of nose bleeding that is caused by sensitivity to weather such as extreme heat and cold. To prevent this from occurring just put a little coconut oil in and around your nostrils!
46. Oil pulling with coconut oil helps to rid the body of dangerous toxins.
47. Stress Relief - relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of the coconut oil is very soothing.
48. Vitamin and nutrient absorption – coconut oil enhances the assimilation of all nutrients.
49. Weight loss - the saturated fats contribute to weight loss and help to control cravings. Also increases your metabolic rate
so you naturally burn more calories.
Coconut Oil is Known to Help With These Health Conditions When Taken Internally…
50. Acid reflux/indigestion
51. Adrenal fatigue
52. Allergies (seasonal hay fever)
54. Asthma, even in children
56. Poor bowel function
57. Bronchial Infections
58. Cancer (has been shown to prevent colon and breast cancer in laboratory studies)
59. Candida Albicans
60. Cholesterol - improves HDL ('good' cholesterol) to HDL ('bad' cholesterol) ratio in people with high cholesterol
61. Chronic Fatigue
62. Crohn’s Disease and inflammation
63. Circulation and feeling cold all of the time
64. Colds and Flus
66. Cystic Fibrosis
68. Diabetes - helps keep blood sugar levels stable and/or helps with cravings
70. Eczema – in addition to taking it internally, many also have success applying it externally
72. Energy increase
73. Epilepsy (known to reduce epileptic seizures)
74. Fever Support
75. Flaky, Dry Skin
76. Gallbladder disease and pain
78. H. pylori bacteria
79. Head Lice
80. Heart Disease (protects arteries from atherosclerosis)
81. Hemorrhoids (can applied externally or internally)
83. Hot Flashes
85. Immune System Builder
86. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
88. Kidney Disease
89. Kidney Stones (aids in dissolving kidney stones)
90. Liver Disease
91. Lung Disease
93. Mental Clarity
94. Menstruation Relief from pain/cramps and heavy blood flow
100. Periodontal Disease and tooth decay
101. Prostate Enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
103. Skin problems
105. Stomach Ulcers
106. Toenail fungus
108. Thyroid Function (regulates overactive and underactive thyroid)
109. Ulcerative Colitis
110. Underactive thyroid gland - results have shown thyroid blood tests becoming normal after ingesting coconut oil daily
111. Urinary Tract Infections (Bladder Infections)
Coconut Oil is Also Known to Help With These External Health Conditions When Used Topically…
113. Allergies/Hay Fever – rub a little inside the nostrils for quick relief. The pollen clings to the oil.
114. Athletes foot
115. Back pain/sore muscles
116. Boils and cysts
117. Canker sores
119. Circumcision healing
120. Decongestant – rub coconut oil on the chest and under the nose when congested from a cold or allergies
121. Ear infection – place a few drops inside the ear twice daily for relief from pain. Also fights the infection itself.
122. Genital Warts (through topical application over 6 weeks, and coconut oil enemas twice daily, depending on the location of the warts)
123. Gum Disease and Gingivitis (use as a toothpaste or rub directly on the gums)
124. Herpes (applied topically and taken internally)
125. Hives (reduces the itch and swelling
126. Pink eye (applied around and in the eye)
Coconut Oil and Cooking…
130. Butter Substitute - use 1 cup to 1 cup ratio when replacing butter in recipes with coconut oil.
131. Nutritional Supplement – melt and add to smoothies.
132. Replacement for butter/lard/Crisco/PAM in its solid form for greasing pans, pie crusts, etc.
133. Replacement for toxic oils in liquid form (Crisco, polyunsaturated oils, etc.)
Coconut Oil for Pets and Animals…
(Note: The recommended dosage for animals is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight taken twice daily).
134. Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
135. Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
136. Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
137. Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
138. Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
139. Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
140. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness. Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
141. Helps prevent or control diabetes
142. Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic
143. Helps reduce weight, increases energy
144. Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
145. Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
146. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein build-up which results in brain lesions in older dogs.
147. Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
148. Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
149. Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
150. Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
Be Sure To Read Our Terrific Interview With Coconut Oil Expert, Dr. Bruce Fife…
We just finished doing a very informative interview with coconut and palm oil expert, Dr Bruce Fife, this week. Bruce is the author of over 20 best-selling books including the first “real” book ever published on the health benefits of coconut oil. He really is the guru when it comes to the humble coconut and you can view his powerful interview here… Dr. Bruce Fife Interview
Also keep in mind that when it comes to purchasing coconut oil, make sure you only ever buy the raw, virgin coconut oil (organically grown). Now, lots of people want to know about “virgin” and “extra virgin” coconut oil and what’s the difference? Well, according to Bruce, there is no difference. “Extra virgin” is really just a fancy name that manufactures came up with to try and make their oils sound healthier. So don’t be concerned with buying extra virgin coconut oil (or even olive oil for that matter). Virgin coconut oil is perfectly fine. If you’re interested, you can find reputable brands and view testimonials on coconut oil here…
This Just in...
The global obesity rate has now just hit an all-time high! According to researchers at the University of Washington, there are now a staggering 2.1 billion people who are either overweight or obese word-wide. This is an increase of 875 billion since the year 1980. What’s really interesting as well is there hasn’t been a single country in the developed world that has been able to lower their obesity rate… not one! What else was very interesting about the study was the countries which now have the most number of overweight people were actually Middle Eastern and northern African countries. But the country that holds the crown for the highest rate of global obesity is still the junk food addicted U.S. of A!
I believe there are two main reasons why we are continuing to become a fat world. Number one is of course a lack of physical exercise. People are now working longer and are busier than they were 30 years ago (but lazier at home) so exercise is just not high on most people’s priority list. Plus, being busy means less healthy home cooked meals are being consumed, and instead, takeaway and “quick preparing” rubbish meals and packet meals are now the order of the day. But I believe the biggest problem and cause of obesity is actually a lack of the essential nutrients in our foods. This causes a health condition called pica or “cribbing”. It’s a known fact that when the body is starving for nutrients it will continuously crave food 24-7. And because our foods don’t contain enough of the nutrients our bodies need everyday, we are literally forced by our bodies to keep on eating to try and satisfy this craving (for nutrients). Of course it doesn’t happen so it becomes a vicious cycle. That’s why supplementing with foods such as wheat grass and liquid colloidal minerals are so important. When your body’s receiving all the nutrients it needs, food cravings naturally disappear! Of course, regular exercise is extremely important as well. But exercise without supplementation (nutritional supplements) is hard work and weight loss results will be slow. In fact, you won’t lose weight very easily at all if you just do exercise alone (as many of you have probably already discovered). We have a “natural cures for weight loss” article coming up soon which will outline all of the internal and external remedies and treatments you need to easily lose weight (and keep it off) so be sure to stay tuned for that.
So until next time, stay safe, healthy and happy and make the most of what this life has to offer. No matter how long we live, our time on this earth is still finite, and it really does go very quickly!
All the best.
If you missed our first four edition's of Life Saving Health Solutions then simply click on the back issues link to read.
|Back to Back Issues Page|